2018 Board Meetings
NOTICE of LAKES REU Community Forum Event – August 8 and 10, 2018
Come discuss the following:
- What public policies will work best for improving our land and water?
- What can citizens and communities do to improve our land and water?
- What is the financial payoff to landowners for decreasing run-off from their land?
- What is the financial gain to communities for improved water quality?
- What we can do in our lakes to reduce blue-green algal blooms?
- How is soil erosion along our streams impacting our water quality?
- What do farmers need in order to convert to conservation agriculture?
- What can CAFOs do to improve our land and water?
Come discuss these and other questions with the students and UW-Stout faculty from a variety of disciplines (economics, geography, sociology, anthropology, and biology), at this year’s LAKES REU public forums!
The first will be held this Thursday, August 8th in Menomonie at the Raw Deal. Don’t forget to stop by the Duke & Dagger afterward for their signature cocktail this month where $1 of every sale goes to benefit TMLIA! This special drink is made with locally sourced Yeoman vodka from Perlick Farms and Distillery.
The second will be on Friday, August 10th at Gilligans in Chetek.
-Liz Usborne, President, Tainter Menomin Lake Improvement Association